Sunday, July 6, 2008

I think summer is here

I might be really nice in the mornings between 6:30 and 8:00, but after that the temperature starts to rise significantly in a short period of time. I love cool mornings. Yup, I do! It is now 6:25 pm and the temperature is 82 right outside my dining room window. Hmmm . . . and it will get hotter as the calendar progresses . . .

I never did report on the mildew - just some spots that came off with one of those bleach wipes . . . love those things . . .

I finished D's curtains - wow do they ever block the light . . . they are a nice denim and they take care of the 5:30 am sunshine. I'm beginning to look at my room - facing southwest, but there are lots and lots of trees blocking the sun, so I'm not sure I need the curtains that dark. Come winter, I might look for something in the fleece family to keep the warmth in, but until then, I have NO PLACE to set up my machine . . . oooh, pity party me . . .

I planted some zucchini and the two of three plants that survived the last freeze are really going to town. Now I need to find all sorts of recipes for zucchini . . . including freezing them.

We again have a camping trip planned - July 25, 26 & 27, at Topsy . . . more catfishing . . . There will be more of us going with kids, which is always more fun, but I might just find a corner of the campground to set up the TC. I like kids, but there really is a limit . . . like maybe 4 hours in a day. I'm not grumpy about kids, but at my age (61) I've earned some quiet time even while camping.

Late yesterday afternoon a lot of the dogs in the neighborhood were barking up a storm . . . all I could do was holler at them to "shut up" . . . my dog is not much for barking, but she sure was running back and forth from the back yard to the front porch window - - - well, the neighbor call about 6:00 to tell us that a 300 lb. black bear was traversing our south 40! We never saw it, but our neighbor did . . . hmmm - we do live in the mountains.

No sign today, which I like, but we are leaving early in the a.m. for Portland and won't be back until late Tuesday evening...... hope no more bears!

Wish you comfortable days and cool drinks!

No comments: