Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Ready for a road trip . . .

I've been in kind of a funk lately . . . nothing is any fun, nobody is any fun, nobody cares if I have any fun . . . that kind of thing. Usually means I'm ready for a road trip. Short is fine, whole day trip is better. Multi-day trips to the coast are the best! Well, right now even a short get out of the house type trip would help. But where to? Don't know . . . with gas so expensive it's really hard to enjoy oneself anywhere you go.

I could do a trip around the world on Google Earth with all the wonderful pictures, but it still doesn't get me out of the house, which is the idea for a road trip!

I'm stuck in this funk . . . and I don't know how or what to do to get out of it. Well, something will happen soon . . . someone will come by . . . someone will call . . .

I miss my girlfriend in Nebraska a whole bunch and I left there almost 7 years ago..... she and her husband came out to see me 6 years ago while they were on a West Coast vacation. We met in Las Vegas in 2003 I think it was, for a Decorative Painters convention. Boy did we have fun! My girlfriend and I spent money, her husband gambled and WON!!!

What I miss most is the every day stuff. Working together, going out to lunch or dinner, and thrifting! We would find the most fabulous stuff, laugh, and put most of it back on the shelf or hanger! Then there was the one Saturday a month where many of us would get together at her house for a craft day. You brought something to finish, something to start or anything you needed help with, and every one pitched in with at least ideas and laughter on how to fix or finish the project.

I have friends who craft, but getting together is very hard - there is so much going on in all our lives. Back when (in Nebraska) there were a bunch of us, so if someone couldn't make it that month, it was OK as there were others that could, and we had a wonderful day just doing "stuff"! I miss that a whole lot. And my interests are not others interests and vice versa...... so I miss my crafting group.......

OK, enough of this . . .

wishing you all sunny days

No comments: