Friday, January 2, 2009

a whole new year!

in which to mess up something!!! LOL

We have had some warming, up to 38 degrees. We have had some rain, the snow is melting. Also some wind. The snow will return, but at least I don't have to worry about my roof for a while - thank goodness - I hate crawling up there to shovel!

I need to stop looking for craft ideas and start to "do". I have a list of things I want to make that is sooo long that in order to make every thing, I will live to be 250 or older! I have lots of beading thingies I want to make, Valentine's Day is coming up, then St. Patrick's Day, and before you know it Easter will be around the corner! That's just the beading . . .

Now I also want to sew. I really need to make some shopping bags for myself since Wal-Mart (the place we love to hate!) is going to be charging for their lousy plastic bags. 25 cents each! I have some older sheets that I will use, and maybe some of my t-shirts . . . I found instructions for both on the net, several for each in fact.

Like I said I need to stop looking for more patterns after I find what I need, but there always seems to be better things just around the corner, so to speak. I have a folder that is bulging and that is hard to do with the "Favorites". Well, maybe for you, but I seem to have pages and pages of Favorites. I think I need to make sub-folders. Yup, more new year cleaning up. Does it ever stop? Nooo, I don't think so, but I will take it one day at a time, and try to get a few things done this year.

I will leave you with the thought all crafters have:

Creative clutter is better than idle neatness.

1 comment:

Betty said...

OMG...25 cents per bag at WalMart?? bwaahaha!

Your projects sound really fun; I'd love to see what you do.

I read your comment on my post about you and your brother...too funny!!