Tuesday, October 26, 2010

itty bits of snow ...

It really is hard to believe that snow season is here. The first snow showed up yesterday morning, and of course by noon or so - poof, it was gone! We had more on the ground this morning, so I had to take some pictures.  This is my gravel driveway with the snow carefully placed on the fallen pine needles. Must have been some hard work on Mother Nature's part.

Here is a little pine, oh about 12" tall, that has some snow stuck in the needles.

A few days ago the side yard looked like this, and it still looks like this (in piles) but with itty bits of snow, which is now gone, so it looks completely like this. I hope this sentence makes sense, I had to read it twice to understand it, but I'm not messing with it any more ... LOL

I have a whole bunch of pictures with snow, but it's funny how we all have to take "firsts" every year ... at least I do! Maybe we can get back to a normal winter in this area as last year we had maybe 14" total. Our normal is anywhere from 4-6 feet! I hope your winter is also normal, or at least as normal as possible.

Have a good day.

10 comments:

Mette said...

Can't wait to see your hearts, Yvette. Snow....?! Enjoy your day.

Paula said...

Here's to a normal winter! We had a terrible summer and a beautiful fall. Very curious to see what winter will bring.

Amanda Makes said...

Hi Yvette! Snow! Already! Gosh time flies doesn't it? Thanks for your comment. I'll check out the blanket book. The things I'm making are to furnish the salon. I want it to be an interesting and homely place to be. Lots of love, Amanda xxx

Ravenhill said...

You had an early snow too! It is a bit strange to be getting it so early. It seemed then that winter would start early for us, but is has warmed up again. I hope you are doing well and that you are ready for old man winter!
hugs from Emily

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Too early for me! Ya'll can keep that snow far...far...away from the Ozarks! Heeehehehe!

I hear ya, it is funny how we do have to take pics of those 'firsts'!

God bless ya and have an amazing day sweetie!!!

dutch sisters said...

Whauw an early winter... hope our snow will wait a little longer.

Unknown said...

I am kinda looking forward to snow.. It has been years since I really had any. We lived in Arizona before coming to KFallls... And so far in the past 2 years have had nothing to really see. I love to watch the flakes mount up.. I have no problem getting around in it.. so Bring it on Mother Nature!
Cheryl

Unknown said...

We have had two snow storms so far this year. I'm sure there wil be more to come.

My Name is Kirsten Not Kristen said...

Oh how I wish we could get a bit of snow fall here on the north east coast of Florida. Enjoyed your post.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I just popped in to say hello and see what you've been up to.

It's cold and rainy here today. Uck!

Have a blessed day sweetie! :o)