Saturday, May 11, 2013

Settling down to do it again ...

I survived the first camping trip of the season.  It was cool, but nice - sort of.  I arrived Thursday around 1:00 or so and got my spot.  Not too bad trying to level the darn thing, but the people trying to help are always a good thing.  After lighting the 'fridge and it going out several times, I had to re-level a bit and then Voila! things were fine.  Most of our group, me excepted, spent Friday walking the various trails for their points and I enjoyed watching the dog, Shasta, and knitting.  Shasta and I did go for a long walk around the makeshift campground - it was a good walk and we both enjoyed it.  Like I said about the weather "sort of" - we ended up having tornado style winds Sat. night and a crumpled canopy ... it was the first time it had ever been set up ... what a mess.  A real bummer as we then spend Sunday in the bright (and hot) sun.  The guys are going to see if they can reinforce some legs and struts and we will try that ...

I've been walking around in a fog and don't know why ... probably my allergies.  I am now among the Allergy People ... what a pain in the butt!

I called my Mom just a little while ago to wish her a Happy Mother's Day and she was, and always is happy to hear from me.  Gives me the warm fuzzies too!  Since she lives in Denmark the time is about 9 hours ahead of my time here in Oregon, so I always call her the day before a holiday so she can think about the call all day and hopefully give her the warm fuzzies too ... LOL.

I took some pictures of our group's ladies and need to figure how to get it off the phone ... I know this is an ongoing thing with me, but I sure hope I'm smarter than the average cell phone ... I'm going to try.

Now my brain in on the next camping trip - May 30 to June 2, just a three day weekend, but always enjoyed anyway.  We decided not to go on Memorial Day weekend - kids, boats and noise.  It is my birthday the following Monday and I want to enjoy some peace and quiet ... Black Powder Shoots are not conducive to quiet with rifles and pistols going off all day.

OK now I'm going to try the picture thing ... if they show up in the next post you'll know I figured it out - if not, well . . . .

Happy Mother's Day to all!
(((Hugs)))

Well, I just can't figure it out ... !!!  The next time I go to town, I'm bringing all the stuff and will stop by US Cellular and have them explain it to me ... 

No comments: