Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Good Grief ... (OMG #2)

Well, no pun intended, it is NOT the pump.  I had a pump company come out and do an analysis on the whole mess ... and we are not getting 220v to the pump ...

There is a dead wire somewhere in the 'run' from the tank to the breaker box.  Right now we will run the new conduit and wire along the fence so we can have water.  Later we will dig down and put the new stuff in the trench. 

Mike, from the pump co., tested the pump by hooking up to his generator and we had water!!!  We flushed the toilet and filled every container we had.  I'm also still hooked up to my neighbors spigot, love my neighbors!! ... and we are still using the camper as our 2nd bathroom.  I can turn it around and dump the black tank whenever I need to sooo ...

I need to run 180-190 FEET of pump cable - the 3 wire stuff - from the pump to the breaker box.  Cable costs $1.83 per foot at Home Depot = $350 appx.  Okayyyy

I need 1" conduit to run the wire - PVC grey stuff - that's about $2.75 per 10 foot length = appx $55

AND I need a new pressure tank.  The old one is over 200 gals, which I don't need - Mike told me I can do with an 81 gal tank. = appx $350.

It really should be buried 18" deep for 180-190 feet.  I need an estimate for this one ... won't be cheep up here on my rocky acres.  I almost don't want to know, but I have to for my grant application.

The work, except the trench, can be done by Dale and I - I'm sure there will be other neighbors getting into the action too.  We'd like to get it done before Deer Camp so I can go ... and so that Susan won't be here alone without real running water!!

I also ordered the 14" x 14" vent lid to replace the one in my hallway.  The one I have is so old and cracked that we can take a shower under it when it rains ... no thanks, I prefer my real shower - with real water from the well ... LOL

I'm having a "good" day, how about you?
(((Hugs))) to all

No comments: