Sunday, September 8, 2013

O M G ...

I'm not having a good September ...Well, the 1st and 2nd were wonderful after a week of camping!  Wednesday morning we had no water!  I was stupefied ... this happens to other people ... well I've just become other people ... hmmm, nice.

My friend Dale stopped after work and took a look at all the gadgets and gizmo's in the pump house.  There was power to the pump, but the pump wouldn't start.  I checked fuses, Dale checked fuses ... no pump.  Dale brought me a 15-20 gal container of water to use ... my neighbor has let me attach a hose to one of their spigots ... always love your neighbors!

Thursday morning I started to phone around to see if I could get some help from the community or the state ... I live on less than $1000 a month ... I must have made 25 phone calls and no one knew of any help anywhere for a burned out well pump ... funny, but 1/3 to 1/2 of Klamath County is on wells ... what do people do?  I can't be the only "poor" person whose pump has gone belly up ... ?

In my journey of phone calls, I found 211.org ... you can also just dial 211, and whatever your problem is they can lead you to someone who can help ... wonderful.  I just surprised me who it was - the USDA Rural Development Dept.  It was also the only place in the state of Oregon who could help.  They have very low interest loans, or in my super low income state, they have grants.  The lady I spoke with sent out the loan/grant package Thursday night so I am hoping it will be here tomorrow.  I think I have to get 2 estimates to return with other information, but that's ok, I'm already working on that.

In the mean time we are doing what we can to survive ... bathing is the hardest ... sponge baths only do so much, but we have other neighbors who have offered their showers to us ... we WILL take advantage of their generosity - LOL.  Laundry is OK for now, but eventually we will need to wash some things ... if we can get water by the end of the week we're OK, but after that ...

What is sucky about this is that I'm suppose to be getting ready to leave for Deer Camp on the 24th for 10 days.  Not sure I'll make it this year, but we'll see.  I hope the grant doesn't take forever to be processed - that will be the deciding factor as to whether I go or not ... Maybe I can scan and email it to start and then follow up with the filled out paperwork ... I'll ask, all they can say is 'no' and I'm no worse off ...

I'll keep everyone posted about the well situation ... thank God it isn't the middle of winter!!
Hugs to you all

No comments: