Saturday, June 21, 2014

Saturday morning ...

I got up a bit late (9:30), even for me, but my back hurt like heck and I didn't want to do anything.  But once I'm awake I can't get comfortable so I rolled out slowly.  I had a note on my calendar to MOW ... ugh!  But it had to be done.  I'm trying to revive an almost dead patch of grass, but it's going to take some work ...

I retrieved the mower from my car port ... needed gas ... went to find the little gas can - no where to be found!  I stopped by Dale's house and found my old one.  While I was rummaging through my shed, I noticed a thousand ants crawling around ... Oh, sh*t!! ... through the house to the back porch to get some ant killer ... set 3 of them around and will hope for the best.  Got gas and a quart of oil, filled the mower with gas but didn't quite need oil yet ...

The yard isn't that big but the whole thing took about 2 hours ... I can normally mow in about 20-30 minutes ... gas can, ants, oil ... 3 ring circus and there is only one of me ... LOL!

The sky is a bit cloudy so it wasn't too hot to mow, but I probably would have done it even if it was 80 and cloudless!  I really needed to get it done.

Stopped at the PO and my birthday money was there ... happy dance ... and the two screens for my dehydrator was there too.  Now I just need the dehydrator itself - hopefully it will be there on Monday or Tuesday.

I should also go wash the Jeep, but my back needs a rest for a while.  We'll see if it gets done today or not.  I like washing the Jeep in cloudy weather so there aren't a ton of streaks ... It will get an oil change tomorrow ...

My chickens are on strike so I only see eggs once in a great while.  I have two that lay the green eggs and one of them have found a great nest under my steps to the house!  I found one of my big spoons will just reach into the nest to get it - then I have to be careful not to lose it out of the spoon ... haven't yet, but I can see it coming.  It's taken 1 1/2 weeks to get 4 eggs ... these weather changes don't help!

I need to go gather up all the stuff that has to go back in the camper - its all sitting on my front porch wood box and I'm running out of room.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

No comments: