Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I love Springtime ...

I love Spring when everything is starting to sprout and start a new cycle of life. My niece and I planted the Daffodils, oh, 4 or 5 years ago and they faithfully come up and have spread a bit even! They are my sign of Spring. I love these two-toned flowers.


These are all yellow and very bright. Sunshine captured in a flower! I took these two pictures two days ago ...


This Friday we are predicted 67 degree weather - - - really ? ? ? I woke to this today ... and it is still snowing. I figure we had a lousy winter with not much snow, so now winter is making up for it. I have 2-3 inches of snow on the porch and railings.


I wonder how my Daffodils are doing. I could only see two little heads when I looked. I hope they will bounce back, but I'm not sure ... maybe the snow insulated them and they will stand up again ... I'm hoping really, really hard that they will survive!!


I have friends who are going camping for the Black Powder Shoot up the road about 10 miles. It is at a higher elevation ... hmmm. They were to leave tonight, but may just wait until tomorrow... I was suppose to go too, but for my neurotic dog.

Hope the rest of you are having a wonderful sunny and warming Spring!
Hugs

2 comments:

Christina J. said...

Oh no! I'd rather it didn't snow in spring. :) This morning when I brought N to school we noticed that the bulbs we'd help plant last fall around the school are now blooming - beautiful red tulips!

Gail said...

I would forego the camping for another day. Stay in and stay warm and pray for daffodils and spring.