Friday, January 11, 2013

A new year, a new day

Good morning everyone! I was up at 7:20 because I couldn't get comfortable in bed for a little bit more sleep ... it just wasn't happening; my hips hurt too bad.

Just sitting here checking up on email, facebook and reading other blogs. It has been snowing lightly since I got up and I love watching it. We got about 3-4 inches overnight and I think it's suppose to snow on and off today. That's OK, I don't have anywhere to go so I can really enjoy it.

But I get to enjoy it by shoveling a bit and cleaning off the roof of the chicken coop! I sure hope it warms up a bit this coming week as I REALLY need to clean the coop and pen - it is gross! I'm sure the chickens think so too. It is a tough job this time of year as all the 'gross' is frozen solid ... UGH!!

My niece's birthday was yesterday - it is hard to believe that she's 16. WOW! She's a lovely young lady, involved with her horse in the local 4-H program; she got her learner's permit and is looking forward to getting her truck home. It's only a 2 wheel drive so since it won't make it up the hill to her house, it is residing at her Grandpa's house. Bet she's in a hurry for Spring to get here ... LOL

Have a great weekend!

No comments: