Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Computers ... Aargghhhh!!

I need a new computer ... I think this one is on its last leg.  My old monitor died in September ... I replaced it.  Do you know that monitors are few and far between?  There are only a handfull available anymore; I got the 20" HP W2027a.  In December it started having fits - white lines across the whole darn thing!  It kept getting worse and worse to the point that it seems to cross out things.  I have to tell you that I shrunk down the Windows area to a normal size, not stretched all across the screen making everything fat.  Anyway, I called the store where I bought it and they told me to call HP directly and they would replace it.  Yup, they had me run through a few tests and decided that it really was defective - I told them that at the beginning of the phone call, but I understand their side of it.

The new monitor cam yesterday afternoon and I will hook it up today.  I have 3 days in which to send the 'broken' one back ... no problem as they are paying for that too!

Then Mozilla Firefox wouldn't open ... it opened the day before, now it wouldn't.  It told me that the profile was corrupt or missing ... Huh?  I searched on the Firefox help site and did find a reference to my problem ... it had me try this, try that, and try this again.  Everytime it wanted me to open something, it wouldn't!  I finally found a recommended site to go through my computer and, oh boy, it got fixed!!  Until two days ago - one week from being fixed.  I've now reset Internet Explorer as my main browser and can get to all my sites again, but I'm not fond of IE.  I happen to feel safer on Firefox.  I don't know what to do now ... my tower is OLD, and slow.  If I get a new one, if that is even possible anymore, then I have to have all my "stuff" transferred over ... I would really like a tablet, but I really don't have the finances for that ... so I keep struggling for now.

I sure hope you all had a good weekend and did something fun.  We still have snow on the ground, but sunshine.  The temperature is all the way up to the mid 30's, but the nights have been in the single digits.  I hate breaking ice for my chickens, but that is part of the joy of chicken ownership.  It does warm me up hacking away at a frozen pot of water, but I reallly can find other ways to warm up ... LOL.  The girls are on strike - very, very few eggs.  It is just too cold right now.

It has been predicted that we are getting some more snow on Wednesday, but we'll see how much.
Have a good, warm day.
(((Hugs)))

1 comment:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Tech troubles...
I'm no help, but I do sympathize.
((hugs))