Friday, March 29, 2013

I'm still playing with my tablet ... LOL

I've been on and off the tablet looking around at the settings and 'stuff' that is available ... I can't believe how some things are so hard to find ... and that you have to go online to get a manual.  It took a while to find the manual, but it has it all - it is bookmarked!!!  I've found places for settings for various things - don't know how I did it, but I've changed a few settings and feel like I've solved some mysteries ... LOL 

Went to town yesterday and LO and Behold there was that dreaded "Check Engine" light!  That makes me nervous, a whole lot of nervous!  As soon as I got home, I called my friend who can figure out most things wrong with cars ... he said to check fluids - which I will do when the temp gets above 45 degrees! - also said to try moving the key to Accessories and back to the place right before turning the engine on - do that 3 times and see if the light doesn't go out -- IT DID, IT DID, IT DID!!!!!!!!  I know it tells you to literally check the engine, but sometimes I think it is also an Idiot light just like the need gas light ... I use to work on my own car, but that was before I got old (LOL!!!) and before these new fangled computer run cars.  Now mine is a 1996 Jeep Cherokee and doesn't have the huge computer, but it's still a pain to figure out what's wrong ... thank goodness for knowledgeable friends!

I will continue to play on the tablet ... not so much the games - why tons of games? - but in making things easier for me to access the things I use all the time.  Does anyone know if I can charge the battery on the tablet in my camper?  It runs on a 12v battery - I'll have to find out ...

It's Friday and a bunch of us gather in the garage of one of us ... He smokes chicken or makes up a batch of something to eat ... tonight is Ham Hocks & Beans!  We take turns fixing our "Eats" and have a fun evening ... we also imbibe in our favorite beverages ... LOL.  We stay for 2-3 hours and talk, and talk, and talk some more.  Some of the others play darts, but my d*mn arthritis won't let me play unless I want to take two days to recover ... no thanks!

Easter is on Sunday and I need to finish making a little bunny for my Niece.  She's 16, but loves little gifts that are "cute".  I indulge her!  Love that kid!!!  Happy Easter to all.  (((Hugs)))


No comments: