Saturday, April 6, 2013

April really is here ...

because April showers bring May flowers.  We have had lots of showers, I'm trying to start tomato seeds indoors, but the light isn't that good even right in front of the window.  Well, while trying to get the seed to germinate they need heat not light, but as soon as those little suckers show their heads I will need bright light . . . I might have to break down and buy one of those 'grow lights' unless someone can help me figure out how to make one cheaply ... any takers?  I planted Beefsteaks and Romas, both are heirloom seeds, so I can harvest seeds for next year - if the darn things do what they are suppose to do ... LOL.  When it's time for them to move outside in about 5 weeks they will go in to a tire planter.  I have another tire that I'm not sure what to plant.  No Zucchini!!!!  It will take over my small garden enclosure in nothing flat, but I have friends that plant zucchini, so I know I'll get some.  I mostly grate and freeze the Zucchini and use it as filler in soups and stews.  What do you do with your zucchini?

Last Wednesday my Vet had an "Immunization Day" at the local pet store and I took SueAnn.  I still had to pay for the shots, but saved the money charged for an office visit - saving money is a good thing!  My daughter lost her dog, Sunny, the other day ... a few months after having to put Honey to sleep.  It is hard loosing a pet, but two in such a short span of time is doubly hard.  My heart goes out to her and the whole family ... wish I could personally hug them all, but they live sooo far away from me - Texas!

I did replace the straw in the chicken coop on Wednesday, and about 1/3 of it is now outside in the pen ... go figure ... Pretty soon they will have 80% outside - Thank goodness that the weather is warming up a bit.  When it's COLD and WINDY they roost inside with the warming lamp, but now they have taken up roosting outside during the night.

Today it is a bit windy and we are promised rain showers on and off for a couple of days ... Yes, the pine needle piles are still sitting there waiting to be moved to the burn pile ... it would soak me, if I tried to move them now.

I should have posted yesterday, but I went to town for groceries and then up the hill to Ron's house for the weekly Friday get together, so time was limited.  I'm using the reminder feature of my email program to keep me posting, but I know I'll miss a day here and there, but that's better than missing a couple of months ... LOL

Have a great weekend no matter what the weather is in your area.
(((Hugs)))
 

No comments: