Sunday, March 1, 2009

Bits and pieces . . .



Here are the pictures I promised from the wedding - aren't they a wonderful looking couple?



. . . and this one shows the snow we had. This is in their front yard in town. We had more at my house which is a couple of hundred feet or so higher in elevation. All the pictures I took came out really fuzzy, I got dizzy enough just looking at them - didn't want to subject all of you to it!

Things have been slow here. I read blogs for a while, comment on some. I started a huge puzzle, put the bits & pieces I did get together, took it apart and put it away. I've looked through the Fire Mountain Gems catalog and wished for lots and lots of stuff.

My roommate got a new (to him) vehicle after the horrible roll over he had in the Saturn. 2002 Chevy S-10 with canopy and front tow hitch. It is nice, but as always when you buy a new rig, there was a bit of maintenance that needed to be done - it should be able to hit the Highway now when he's ready to move to Texas. Probably by the end of May . . . boy I will miss him!

I haven't done much crafting, but did pick up a few things when I went to our NEW Michael's!! I love that store!!! Now I just need to get busy.

I dug out a little treasure box that I painted several years ago, see I can really paint! LOL



The chain on the 'watch' goes down the side and around the bottom part of the box, you can just see the tassel behind the lid. The inside is gold. I made it for a giveaway, (that never happened), for the Christmas festival here in town. I think maybe I'll put it up on Etsy when I'm ready to open my shop. It is 1 3/4" tall, 2 1/4" in diameter and the inside depth is 1". Hmmm, I have more boxes I can paint, hmmm . . .

I leave you with this little thought:

A fine is a tax for doing wrong.
A tax is a fine for doing well.

(((Hugs)))

2 comments:

Betty said...

Ooh, your little box is just lovely! You have a lot of talent!

Our new Michael's is supposed to open in April; they have pushed the date back a couple of times; I'm concerned they won't open, but they say they will. I can hardly wait. I'm not 'crafty'; but, I absolutely love to wander through Michael's!

Lovely couple; nice pictures; ugh to the snow (but, you know me).

Bea said...

That is an adorable little box! Can't wait to see what else you'll make -- and your Etsy shop when you get it up!