Tuesday, November 4, 2008

a little bit of snow

Well, it happened. SNOW. I wonder how much we will get during this coming winter . . . this is looking northwest out my kitchen window. There is suppose to be snow falling all day, but I hope only in small spurts!

Joey, my cat, has to go out no matter what the weather, but how long he stays out is always a good question. All I captured this morning as he charged out the door was little paw prints. He will sit somewhere and watch the snow fall as long as he is not directly being snowed upon.


There always seem to be a lot of photo ops as soon as the first snow falls. Do you know how many snow pictures I have? Close to a gazillion!!! I just can't help myself when the first snows start falling, the views are so beautiful. Then about January, I've had enough of the snow to not want to take any more pictures. After that, I usually end up in the picture since I won't take any more unless they are very unusual. Or, to record the deepest of the season.


This was taken February 2008. By this time we had no where to put the snow! We had a neighbor come over with his tractor, scoop up the white stuff and toss it over the fence into the empty part of our next door neighbors yard. The roof in this picture doesn't look that bad, but I've already been up there twice to clear it off. The berm on the right is about 4 feet tall and about 6 feet wide!

OK, enough of this, I'm getting anxiety attacks just thinking about the coming winter, and climbing on the roof to clear it!

At least I have plenty of wood for the stove.....

Here's a seasonal hint for you . . .

Foggy Windshield? - Hate foggy windshields? Buy a chalkboard eraser and keep it in the glove box of your car. When the windows fog, rub with the eraser! Works better than a cloth!

No comments: