Saturday, January 3, 2009

Camera, camera where are you ? ? ?

I need to dig out some new batteries for my camera so I can post some pictures. It's getting boring without pictures. Though all you would get is snow, snow and some more snow. I could always show you how low the temperature is on my thermometer . . . It is suppose to go down to 8 degrees over night.

I've had the wood stove going for the last month. I need to gather the ash bucket and go dump it. The snow isn't that deep right now, so I can make my way down to the burn pile and gently toss them there. When there's 3 feet on the ground, it is a bit hard to get down there, but I should just bundle up and go for it . . . yup, I will . . . tomorrow! It's dark out now and trying to get down the hill with an ash bucket and a flashlight is not my idea of fun. I'd end up on my butt in the snow, covered with ash and the dog licking my face. Ummm, NO.

Tonight I started making a small grocery bag. I will finish tomorrow and get a picture of it. It is a bit too small, but will work for a short trip. I found some denim and feel good about the fabric strength, but it is stiff and not quite what I want. I will have to dig out the older sheets and some fabric for lining. I think that will be easier and I will be able to make them bigger without the weight.

I just know that I need to make at least 10-12 of them. I usually only shop once every 2 weeks, but Donavan is coming home from his sister's and I've depleted a lot of our stock. It needed to be used since the 'stale' date was approaching, but now the cupboard looks empty. Ahhh, can't have it all, now can we??? LOL


The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

3 comments:

Betty said...

Love your final comment. Don't envy you and your ash bucket heading down the hill...in the cold and snow...brrrr!

Would love to see any pictures you care to post.

Try to stay warm!

Nadya said...

Burr - it's begun snowing again here, too (McMinnville!) we had record snows over Christmas ~ 20" - & many things closed down since we don't have a town snow plow, . . .
I have a bunch of cloth bags - was shopping with gal friends in Portland before Christmas, & even Macy's had a cloth bag for sale by the check out, only a couple of dollars, & I got 1 to hold my purchase!
I brought a couple of my bags on the trip, but didn't think to take them along after dinner!
Our natural food store gives a 10% discount if you bring one of their bags on Fri, so that's when I do my main shopping, & bring other bags as well, try to keep a couple in the car.

Happy New Year!

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have."
Brilliant!

Don't fall on your butt... I felt a sympathetic pang when I read this!