Wednesday, February 11, 2009

happy dance, happy dance . . .

We got SNOW!!! It's only about 6 inches total in the last 3-4 days, but it is sticking around! I love watching the snow fall. It doesn't matter if I'm inside or out. I usually go outside if the wind is NOT blowing, that wind chill just kills me, but sitting in the living room and watching is terrific too. We didn't get as much snow as Ravenhill up in Norway though!

My room mate has not made up his mind, nor has he looked real hard for another vehicle. He has been driving my truck, but that GMC is a gas hog, I was going to say that he can use it until he leaves, but depending on his move date, maybe not. We start camping in mid May and I will camp. He can then drive my Jeep, but with his height, 6'4", it is a tight fit even with the seat all the way back.

D, my room mate, picked up some deals on meat a couple of days ago. Tonight we had a cross rib roast. I had never heard of this kind of cut, but did the Google thing for a recipe. Found tons!!! Looked at half a dozen and just combined them with the ingredients I had on hand - came out yummy, yummy, yummy. Cooked it on the stove top, like a pot roast, but cooked it in beef broth and red cooking wine. OMG!!! The gravy was heavenly. The roast, fried potatoes, and corn. I'll do this again - I have another one in the freezer.

I've been watching the tornado damage in Oklahoma and the wild fires in Australia - WOW, my heart and prayers go out to every one affected. I cannot reasonably understand what would make anyone set fires during a heavy duty wind storm. Makes you wonder what trips these peoples buttons...

I wish for all of you health and happiness.
(((Hugs)))

2 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

We need snow pictures!
We've been a happy rain dance here.
And yes, the news is sad and confounding.
(((hugs))) for all, and prayers for relief.

Betty said...

I'm happy that you're happy with your snow...eeek! Camping in mid-May sounds great...we're anxious, as well, to start in again.

Stay warm!