Wednesday, May 15, 2013

a potpourri of 'stuff' ...

I haven't worked on the Hugel garden for a while because I need some real 'manpower' for help - or tractor power as the case may be.  The only thing that I can do right now is get some chicken manure with old straw and put a bit into the hole to fill some spots ... after that I need more logs - hence the manpower thing.  I'm not looking at a real garden this year, but maybe some potatoes.

Even though I do not like making the Pioneer Bonnets the sewing itself was an eye opener again.  I've been knitting for well over a year with not much else being crafted, but that Bonnet set my sewing juices in gear again.  I don't have the ideal set up in my craft room now that it's also my bedroom, but I can make do.  The next thing on my sewing agenda is a bunch of neck 'coolers' for our warmer months.  The kind you fill with water storing crystals ... they tie around your neck after having dipped them in cool water, and help keep you cool.  I even BOUGHT some fabric to make some although I have half a fabric store boxed up ... you just can't have too much fabric!  or yarn!  or ideas!  We are going camping again the first weekend of June and I'd like to have at least 4-5 done.  The pattern I have is very easy to do so that should not be a problem.

I took my tiny tomato sprouts and planted them outside last weekend.  I sowed a bunch of seeds from 2 different varieties but now have absolutely no idea of which ones survived ... I think it's the Beefsteak, but I have been known to be wrong once or twice ... LOL.  At this stage I really don't care, but it would be nice to have a decent memory ...  I have them in tires with lots of potting soil, and covered at night with clear plastic bottles since our night time temperature can still plunge into the low to mid 30's.  They have been out there for 3 days/nights and so far so good.

I paid the last installment of my taxes yesterday - WooHoo!!!  Now I have 6 months until I start over ... I also spent several hours grazing around our Joann's store where I got the fabric mentioned above, got a new bobbin box that closes and stays closed!  The old one had a cover that just sat on the bottom section and there have been many times when I went to get the box that the bottom, literally, fell off and I had to hunt bobbins - has bothered me for many, many years, but I finally broke down and got a latching box.

Picked up some allergy pills so that I can spend my days doing other things besides sniffling, sneezing and clearing my throat!  It sure feels good to be able to breathe regularly.  I guess I've had these allergies for a while, but they have finally gotten so bad that I need help now.  Just another pill added to my arsenal for feeling better ... Ugh!!

Even though I'm in a sewing mode, I need to knit a nice cover for my tablet so it doesn't get scratches ... I'll have to use worsted weight yarn, but lots smaller needles to make the fabric tight.  I think I have enough leftover yarn to make the pattern I like.  I'll show pictures of everything as soon as I get that camera thing figured out!

I'll leave you now so I can start the tablet cover ... have a wonderful day!  (((Hugs)))  

No comments: