Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Very Merry Chritmas

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas, and peace and love.

I spoke with my Mom at 8:30 a.m., my time, 5:30 her time. She lives in Denmark and it is already Christmas Eve there. It is always nice to speak with her and I wish I could do it more than once a month. She is 81 and even though there isn't too much new going on in her life, I enjoy talking to her. We share lots of laughter and the time runs away from us, today we talked for 45 minutes, but that's OK.

I enjoy my Christmas Eve, but for me the BIG celebration takes place tomorrow. I've become Americanized over the last 50 years. I will still light candles tonight and enjoy the peace (and snow!).

Today I'm cooking and wrapping presents. My evening will be quiet, but I need that before the total fun and hoopla of tomorrow.

Again, wishing you Peace, Happiness and Love this Christmas Eve.

2 comments:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Merry Christmas... peaceful and candlelit... so lovely.

Betty said...

How nice you were able to speak with your mom...I'm sure being so far away is sad, at times.

Have a lovely Christmas!